Eagle Point Park is a well-maintained, beautiful park and worth the time to visit for walks along the bluff. Viewing towers show off the tri-state views.
The park opened in 1908, and streetcars began serving the area in 1912. A bathing beach was constructed in 1920 but closed in 1933 when Lock and Dam No. 11 was built. With funding from a Works Progress Administration (WPA) grant in the 1930s, the city hired Park Superintendent Alfred Caldwell, a gifted landscape architect, and the park took on a new look. His love of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie-style architecture is obvious in the buildings and gardens he had constructed.
Eagle Point Park has picnic tables, a playground, horseshoe courts, a spray pool, tennis courts, a rock garden and a fish pond. Pavilion shelters may be reserved for special events. There is a $1 entry fee per car.