SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
- Yield: 7 half-pints
rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
apricot pie filling
In 6-quart kettle or Dutch oven, simmer rhubarb in water for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Stir in sugar. Bring to boiling; boil 7 minutes. Stir in pie filling until well blended. Add gelatin; stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
Immediately, ladle jam into hot, clean half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.* Wipe rims; adjust lids. Process in boiling-water bath for 5 minutes (start timing when water boils). Cool.
Before serving, place in refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Refrigerate opened jars. Makes 7 half-pints.
- Rhubarb-Strawberry Jam: Prepare Rhubarb-Apricot Jam as above, except use strawberry pie filling and strawberry gelatin.
- Rhubarb-Raspberry Jam: Prepare Rhubarb-Apricot Jam as above, except use raspberry pie filling and raspberry gelatin.
- Rhubarb-Cherry Jam: Prepare Rhubarb-Apricot Jam as above, except use cherry pie filling and cherry gelatin.
- * For freezer jam, let hot mixture cool. Spoon into freezer containers. Freeze for up to 1 year.
- Nutrition facts are given for 1 tablespoon of jam.
sodium (mg) 7, sugar (g) 12, calcium (mg) 10, cal. (kcal) 49, Potassium (mg) 18, carb. (g) 12, vit. C (mg) 1