Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Create a holiday-inspired throw to drape across a chair or love seat for a festive layer of warmth. Download a FREE pattern from the link at the bottom of this page.
What you need
• Piece of brown wool-blend felt that's 70x120 inches (or desired size)
• 4 1/3 yards white wool-blend felt
• 1/2 yard green wool-blend felt
• Black marker
• Fabric glue
• Fusible web (a fiber that bonds when heated)
Note: Suggested yardages are based on wool-blend felt with a 36-inch width. Please adjust yardages as needed.
How to make it
1. Cut out poinsettia flower patterns in two sizes (22 inches and 30 inches wide). Trace 3 flowers in each size on white felt and cut out.
2. Cut out poinsettia leaf pattern. Trace 4 leaves on green felt and cut out.
3. Use fusible web to iron on white poinsettia flowers and green leaves (layer 1 leaf under 4 of the 6 flowers). Arrange flowers in random order.
4. Cut small brown circles (diameter of 1 inch) from leftover brown felt and place 6-7 circles in each flower center. Attach with fabric glue.