Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Make a statement over a fireplace with a felt "scarf." We spelled out "peace" and paired that with a large-scale dove. Download the FREE template from the link at the bottom of this page.
What you need
• 1 1/3 yards brown wool-blend felt (or enough to fit your mantel; should be 12 inches narrower than the mantel with a front overhang of 1 foot)
• 12x16-inch piece of white wool-blend felt
• Small piece of green wool-blend felt
• Black marker
• Fabric glue
Note: Suggested yardages are based on wool-blend felt with a 36-inch width. Please adjust yardages as needed.
How to make it
1. Cut brown felt "scarf" to fit your mantel (ours is 30x48 inches).
2. Cut out dove, olive twig and "peace" letter patterns. Trace dove and letters on white felt. Trace olive twig on green felt. Then cut out the shapes.
3. Attach cutout "peace" letters to the brown scarf with fabric glue. Place letters about 3 inches from the bottom edge of the felt piece. The last letter should be about 1 inch from the scarf's edge.
4. Attach cutout white dove to the left of the word "peace" with fabric glue. Let the right wing hang off the bottom of the scarf.
5. Attach the green felt olive twig next to the dove's beak.