Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Make it: Holly skirt
1. For the skirt, cut a desired-size circle out of white felt. Our skirt has a 48-inch diameter. Cut a slit for the tree and a center with a 3-inch diameter for the tree holder.
2. Cut out holly leaf patterns in two sizes. The large holly leaf pattern should be about 26 inches long. The small holly leaf pattern should be about 24 inches long. Trace 6 large holly leaves on the dark green felt. Trace 6 small holly leaves on the light green felt. Cut out the leaves.
3. Hand-stitch embroidery floss down the center of each leaf. Use dark green embroidery floss on the light green leaves; use light green floss on the dark leaves.
4. Cut out red berry pattern. The diameter should be about 5 1/2 inches. Trace 12 berries on red felt and cut out.
5. Use fabric glue to attach light and dark green leaves to the white skirt in groupings of three. Add three red berries to each grouping. Leaves and berries should overlap.
Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software. If you have trouble downloading the patterns, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.