Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Birch trunks pillow
Download a free template for our pillows from the link at the bottom of this page.
What you need for the birch trunks pillow
• 18x18-inch pillow form
• 1 1/4 yards brown wool-blend felt
• 3/4 yard white wool-blend felt
• Black marker
• Fabric glue
• 1/4-inch fusible tape
Note: Suggested yardages are based on wool-blend felt with a 36-inch width. Please adjust yardages as needed.
How to make it
1. To make the pillow cover, cut 2 brown felt squares that are 19x19 inches.
2. Cut out birch trunks pattern. Trace on white felt and cut out.
3. Apply the birch trunks to the front felt piece with fabric glue. The trunks should extend to the top and bottom edges.
4. To put the front and back pieces together, outline the back felt piece (1 1/2 inch in from all edges) with 1/4-inch fusible tape. Then place the front piece on top and fuse the two pieces together by ironing.
5. Cut a vertical slit along the center of the back piece. Insert a pillow form.