Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Berry-laden branch pillow
Our pillow patterns add subtle holiday touches to covers that can stay out all winter. Download a free template for our pillows from the link at the bottom of this page.
What you need for the berry branch pillow
• 24x14-inch oblong pillow form
• 1/2 yard red felt
• 1/2 yard white felt
• 1/4 yard brown felt
• Black marker
• Fabric glue
• 1/4-inch fusible tape
Note: Suggested yardages are based on wool-blend felt with a 36-inch width. Please adjust yardages as needed.
How to make it
1. To make the pillow cover, cut the front and back pieces out of felt. Because the back red felt piece also works as a border, it should have an extra 1/2 inch on each side. Cut a 26x16-inch rectangle out of the red felt for the back pillow piece. Cut a 25 1/2x15 1/2-inch rectangle out of the white felt for the front pillow piece.
2. Cut out branch pattern. Trace on brown felt and cut out. Cut 11 red dots out of the red felt for the berries.
3. Apply the branch and berries to the white pillow front with fabric glue.
4. To put the front and back pieces together, outline the back felt piece (1 1/2 inches in from all edges) with 1/4-inch fusible tape. Then place the front piece on top and fuse the two pieces together by ironing.
5. Cut a vertical slit along the center of the back piece. Insert a pillow form.