Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Personalize a holiday book or album with a felt cover. Use a single silhouette, such as our reindeer—perfect for a book about Rudolph or a holiday photo album. Download the FREE pattern from the link at the bottom of this page.
What you need
• Book or photo album
• 1/2 yard green wool-blend felt
• 9x12-inch piece of white wool-blend felt
• Black marker
• Fabric glue
Note: Suggested yardages are based on wool-blend felt with a 36-inch width. Please adjust yardages as needed.
How to make it
1. Measure the book. Add 1/4-inch to the height and 8 inches to the book's width (for front and back covers and the spine).
2. Cut this size from green felt, and wrap around the book. Fold the extra width inside the front and back covers. Close the book; then glue the felt where the ends meet at the top and bottom of the covers. Hold glued edges with paper clips and let dry.
3. Cut out reindeer pattern and date pattern. Trace reindeer and numbers on white felt. Cut out and attach to the green felt cover with fabric glue.