Make 9 Chic Holiday Accents from Felt
Make it: Circle of snow
1. To make the wreath base, cut out white felt pieces to cover the ready-made flat rigid foam wreath. (Our wreath has a 20-inch diameter). Using the wreath form as a pattern, trace and cut two pieces of white felt to cover the front and back of the foam. Then cut a band of felt to cover the inside edge and a second band to cover the outside edge.
2. Attach the felt pieces around the wreath form with upholstery glue.
3. Hand-stitch all edges with white embroidery floss to secure.
4. Sew a loop of embroidery floss on the back of the wreath to hang.
5. Cut out the 6 snowflake patterns. (There are 3 snowflake patterns in 2 sizes).
6. Apply stiffening spray to the white felt so that the snowflakes will keep their shape.
7. Trace and cut out 3 snowflakes in each size for a total of 18 snowflakes. (Trace and cut more, if needed).
8. Layer snowflakes in random order on the wreath. Start with the biggest snowflakes on the bottom layer. Adhere with fabric glue.
9. For dimension, apply more snowflakes with stacks of mounting squares.
10. Apply spray glue and sprinkle on glitter. Let dry.
Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software. If you have trouble downloading the patterns, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.