25 Holiday Ideas in 25 Days
* Bring back an old-world tradition your family has lost. Ask grandparents about how they used to celebrate.
* Take your family for a sleigh ride. Have the driver take your picture to get an annual record of this special time out.
* Preserve a special family holiday recipe by writing it down and giving copies to all the cooks in your clan.
* Make and date an ornament each year. Your Christmas tree will become laden with crafty memories.
* Start a holiday movie night that includes a handful of classics, including Miracle on 34th Street.
* Visit a living nativity scene. Dozens of Midwest cities have them, complete with actors, animals and storytelling.
* Go to a local school's holiday concert or play.
* Gather your family around the tree and have each of them name three ways they were blessed this year.
* If your menu needs a lift, trade the traditional turkey for a new main dish. Find one you like; start a new tradition.