Light and Bright Dream Home Decorating
Tips for decorating with white
Don't use white to be safe. Make it a deliberate part of your decorating scheme. Why?
1. It has importance. It highlights unique architecture, but also can add contrast and significance to nondescript trim.
2. It's bright. It expands space by reflecting light.
3. It unifies. Disparate design elements come together on its uncolored backdrop.
4. It's versatile. Varied whites mix easily in a room, as long as they're on different surfaces and textures.
5. It's timeless. Use white for walls and furniture, and when trends, seasons or personal preferences change, just swap out colored accents.
6. It can transform. An old piece of furniture can become high style with a coat of enamel white.
7. It's practical. Dust doesn't show (though scratches might). A slipcover can be easily bleached to look new.