Deadhead, harvest, weed and fertilize
• Deadhead flowers regularly. It not only keeps your landscape tidy-looking, it encourages certain flowers to bloom more.
• Harvest veggies regularly. It will encourage vegetables to keep producing well until fall. This is especially true with green beans, but also green peppers, hot peppers, cucumbers, squash, eggplants and tomatoes.
• Keep up with weeding. The best time to weed is after a good rain so you can easily pull out the roots.
• Fertilize containers regularly. Watering flushes out many nutrients. For best results, use a special bloom-boosting fertilizer on flowering plants.
• Mulch now. Use wood chips and other weed-suppressing materials now that the soil has warmed.
• Remove spring bulb foliage. Once the foliage pulls away with very little resistance, you can discard it.